Welcome to Super Happy Art Class!

I hope you enjoy looking at the wonderful artwork from Duchesne Academy Lower School. Lower School consists of girls, grades pre-k through fourth. Unfortunately I have not kept record of all the successful projects, but here is a good sampling. Check out the artwork by grade level, but realize that each activity can be used for multi-grades. Click on an image to see a larger view.


Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Puppets

After discussing different types of art, I taught the kids about kinetic art. I explained that kinetic art moves, whether by using a motor or machine, the wind, or the hand of a viewer. We looked at some kinetic art including mobiles. Using good old paper bags, the girls made their own kinetic art in the form of a puppet.

I allowed them to make anything they wished, so it could be a made up creature as well as a person or animal they could name. The only criteria was that the folded area (where the mouth typically is on paper bag puppets) has to be a mouth.  I placed out a bunch of colored scrap paper, buttons, googly eyes, and markers.











No comments:

Post a Comment